Tuesday, November 11, 2008

No TWD ... Cupcakes Galore!!



So yeah...I could not get behind the TWD choice this week, something called Kugelhopf... which seemed like a brioche bundt cake thing. Since brioche killed my KA mixer last time, and I just got my new one this wkd, I was banned from making anything that might shove my brand new baby into a premature death. Reading about the comments from the ladies in the TWD forum, seemed like I probably wasn't missing too much.

I do however have lots of eye-candy for you, in the form of...surprise, CUPCAKES. Miss Clara...ask and you SHALL receive! :D

These are all the beauties I have been working on for the last few weeks. I have a huge batch this weekend I will be working on and a Cake Slice cake to make by the 20th, so not sure about next week's TWD. But anyway, Enjoy!


Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes w/Mallow Punkies!


Vanilla Bean Cupcakes w/Fondant Flowers


Lots of Chocolate Cupcakes for an Event!


Chocolate Cupcakes w/Fondant Flowers


Halloween Cupcakes (sorry the image is so grainy, too dark so had to lighten!)


Pumpkin Spice again...Special Heart Style.


Butter Cakes & Maple Pecan ... YUM!

Along with lots of cupcakes, I have been making banana cake, peanut butter cookies, and tonite...mint brownies! I only have a photo of the cookies...the rest was quickly consumed...mmmmm so much for keeping 'cupcake top' under control!!



Check out the TWD's for this week...enjoy!

18 comments:

Snooky doodle said...

wow how many nice cupcakes. They re awesome :)

Laurie said...

They all look beautiful Mara.. but that pumpkin spice with the decorated heart on top is so precious! And I love your new toy! Gorgeous color!!

Cathy said...

Sounds like a valid reason to skip the kugelhopf to me! Your cupcakes are BEYOND spectacular!!

Anonymous said...

All of the cupcakes look gorgeous! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Please send me one of each! YUM. They look so pretty.

Libby said...

These are beautiful... my favorite was the fondant flowers.

The Food Librarian said...

And I bet all these beautiful cupcakes were delicious too! So jealous!!

Gigi said...

Beautiful cupcakes Mara! I made the "kugel" last year and it went stale after a day! Great looking cupcakes!

CB said...

Mmmm... cupcakes! Ok you are forgiven for slacking on TWD this week b/c of all the cupcake goodness. I am drooling over that vanilla bean one. YUM!
/Clara

Rachel said...

Ha I couldn't get behind this week's choice either...mostly because it seemed like a lot of effort for something that was not really a dessert...those cupcakes look AMAZING though!!

betty geek said...

Beautiful cupcakes! Just like YOU. xoxo.

Ivy said...

All of them look devine!
My favorite is with the chocolate heart on top. How did you do the design on the heart-it's so precious.:)

AmyRuth said...

Congrats on the birth of your new Kitchen Aid.... he he he Besides my goodness you have been working hard. Thanks for sharing all those photos. Beautiful
AmyRuth

marae said...

thanks ladies!!! cupcakes are surely fun...little bite sized treats. i will be making something like 11 dozen this weekend for an event...that is a lot for me!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cupcake selection! I think I like the first one best (although it's hard to choose a favourite)

Honeyed Hashette said...

Where are you buying the cupcake boxes that hold the cupcakes?

Lot-O-Choc said...

Mmm these look good!
I want a mallow pumpkin!!
And to answer your question on the mud cake when making it its a very runny liquid but when baked it is extremely moist and light :)

Jacque said...

Oh my goodness! Have you had any time to SLEEP?

So many gorgeous cupcakes! It's hard to choose a favorite.