Saturday, April 5, 2008

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, Round Two.

Made another round of the Snickerdoodle Cupcakes I attempted last week since my friend came into town.

Used all cake flour and the 1 tblsp baking powder and HOLY MOLY that was way too much BP.

So not sure if the original recipe is a mis-type or what, but I would recommend maybe only using 1/2 the BP. In my first attempt I used slightly less than 1/2 and they could have used a TINY bit more rise but that could have been the flour I forgot as well. So def no more than 1/2 the BP I think.



Anyhow, other than the outta control puffiness that exploded out of the mini cups on some of the cupcakes, they came out super moist and tasty and were pronounced my 'best yet' by our friends/neighbors who always sample whatever I bake.


And highest praise from the husband side of the neighbor/friend team because his wife told me he ate TWO cupcakes whereas typically we have to beg him to have one. Success! Even with explosive baking powder issues.

Photos came out cute...!



3 comments:

Honeyed Hashette said...

They look gorgeous! LOVE it!
What kind of sugar did you use in the topping?

marae said...

It's this sparkling sugar I got at the local cake store..it's tan colored. Super cute. And I sprinkled cinnamon too. Frosting was YUMMY!

Anonymous said...

Oh, those cupcakes are so cute. I never tried a snickerdoodle cupcake. :)