Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Class Final...Decorating !

So after I managed to get my cake to the class unmangled...the fun really began. I had been scouring the internet for days trying to get ideas on what I wanted to do. Of course the minute I sat down with my cake, all ideas deserted me.

What I managed to come up with worked out okay but it's a little artsy-craftsy for my eye. However, it was better than what the other options could have been. Funny because one kind soul told me that she could easily see it in a case in a bakery. Sweet...liar!! ;)

Collage of pictures below in a lump because it's almost bedtime!!

I decided to do a light blue border, in honor of blueberries.


Then add some yellow flowers in honor of the Meyer Lemon.



Coming along decently...now I wish I'd smoothed it out more!



Cute little topper of frosting and blueberries.


Done!!




TA DA inside...!!! It didn't look QUITE as fab as A Whisk and a Spoon's inside shot with the berries, but not bad for a beginner.

4 comments:

Honeyed Hashette said...

It turned out super cute!
Very nice. :)

steph- whisk/spoon said...

thanks so much for the props! your decorating looks lovely, and using meyer lemons i'm sure it tasted extra-lush, too!! isn't great to make a homemade cake!?!

marae said...

aww thanks for checking in steph...i loved your cake pictures!! And yes this cake was DIVINE. i can't wait to make it again. :)

Laurie said...

Your cakes look fabulous! How fun to take baking classes. :)